By USAG Stuttgart Public Affairs
The Stuttgart Commissaries and Main Exchange will phase out the Red/White/Blue schedule beginning mid-May, as garrison and partner services continue to reach a new “COVID normal” operating tempo.
The changes do not apply to the Community Mail Rooms, which will continue to observe the color-based arrangement until further notice.
Access to all facilities will still be contingent on following existing COVID prevention measures including hand washing, mask wear, and physical distancing. Limitations to the number of customers allowed into a facility at one time may also apply.
Panzer PX resumes “normal” operations May 21; food courts to end alternating schedules
The Main Exchange (PX/BX) will no longer be subject to Red/White/Blue restrictions as of Thursday, May 21; store hours will be 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., seven days a week. The first hour of operations (9:00-10:00 a.m.) will remain dedicated to high risk customers.
Curbside pickup will remain available from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
The end of Red/White/Blue days at the Main Exchange also coincides with an end to alternating openings for food outlets in the Patch and Panzer food courts.
Commissaries to begin phased reintroduction of normal schedules on May 21
All Stuttgart Commissaries (Patch Barracks, Robinson Barracks, Kelley Barracks, and Panzer Kaserne) will continue to observe the Red/White/Blue schedule through May 21.
This means that the stores will be open for the Red group from May 16-18, closed on May 19-20, and open for all groups from May 21-23.
Commissaries will move to a new set of hours beginning May 21:
- Patch Commissary will be open on Sunday, May 24, close on May 25 in observance of Memorial Day (as with all area commissaries), and assume a normal schedule on May 26
- 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., seven days a week
- Kelley Commissary and Panzer Commissary will be closed on May 24-25 and move to an adjusted regular schedule on Tuesday, May 26
- Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Robinson Barracks Commissary will be open on Sunday, May 24, closed on Monday, May 25, and will begin observing a new schedule on Tuesday, May 26:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 6 :00 p.m.
- Closed Monday and Thursday
All Commissaries will be closed on May 25 in observance of Memorial Day.
Early Bird Hours continue to be suspended at all commissaries per agency guidance.
Community Mail Rooms remain on Red/White/Blue
While the Commissaries and Exchange will be removing group-based access limitations, it’s important to note that package pickup at the Community Mail Rooms will continue to follow the Red/White/Blue schedule until further notice.
Army Post Offices (for mailing items) have not been subject to the R/W/B schedule. However, packages must be ready to mail and have customs forms pre-prepared online. Click here to view hours and to read more on mailing requirements.