Consular services available for U.S. military personnel and dependents


Passport Office
USAG Stuttgart

The USAG Stuttgart Passport Office will host the U.S. Consulate, Frankfurt, for a passport outreach, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Aug. 22.

No appointment if necessary to ask the Federal Benefits Unit about Social Security Benefits and Federal Allowances. However, appointments are necessary for tourist passport applications and Consular Report of Birth Abroad.

Regarding the Consular Report of Birth Abroad, use the eCRBA only; it must be completed online and paid for at least five working days prior to outreach. No pdfs. DS-2029’s will be accepted by the Consulate at the outreach.

Tourist and eCRBA checklists, application instructions and document requirements are available through the USAG Stuttgart website here.

All applications must be complete and correctly typed and accompanied by all original documents on the checklist and copies of those documents. Get your photos and money orders or cashier’s checks before the outreach. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be required to book an appointment with the Stuttgart Passport Office for another time.

To book your Report of Birth Abroad or tourist passport appointment, call 596-2767/2301/2009/2539 or 09641-70-596 -2767/2301/2009/2539; or email here.

US Consulate

The U.S. Mission in Germany is pleased and honored to be able to serve our military colleagues and their families. We work very closely with personnel offices on base to provide you the services and information you need. We’ve developed this website exclusively for you to make it even easier for you to obtain necessary travel documentation and other services.


Apply far enough ahead of your travel to ensure you won’t be delayed.

New Passports: Allow at least one month for issuance of a new tourist passport (3 months if applying for an official or no-fee passport).

Renewing Passports: Check your current passport’s expiration date. Make a note on your calendar to apply for a new one at least a month before it expires.

Immigrant Visas: File an immigrant visa petition for your non-American family members at least six months before your PCS.

Remember, it’s your responsibility to ensure that you and your family members have all proper documentation before your trip.

We can help in bona fide emergencies, but simply forgetting to apply in time puts your travel plans at risk. Some processes, such as immigrant visas, need months to be completed.

All services are by appointment only.  Department of Defense-affiliated personnel must apply for passports and reports of birth through their local passport agents on base.  If you need service in an emergency, your local Passport Agent will help you  make an appointment with us.

Important Note
Please do not bring cell phones or other electronic devices as you will not be able to bring or store them inside the consulate. Certain other items are also not allowed; visit the US Consulate website to read the Entry Regulations and Forbidden items notice. No exceptions will be made. The Passport Office is closed on German and American Holidays.

Consulate contacts

For the U.S. Embassy, visit