Two registered demonstrations will take place at Schlossplatz in downtown Stuttgart from August 6-7.
The first demonstration will take place on Friday afternoon, August 6, from 4:30-6:30 p.m., with approximately 30 attendees expected.
The second demonstration is scheduled for Saturday afternoon, August 7, from 3-6:30 p.m. Approximately 50 demonstrators are expected.
USAG-S AT/FP recommends that all personnel avoid the aforementioned areas during the listed times.
- All Military personnel, DoD members, Family members, and Contractors are strongly advised to avoid the demonstration area(s). Remember that some protestors may linger around the area after the protest has ended. Never become engaged with the protestors.
- Although COVID-19 restrictions have been relaxed, stay COVID sharp and adhere to all regulations when venturing out into the Stuttgart area, or others
- Practice your Situational Awareness, learn to “read” the crowd by keeping up-to-date on current events and happenings in your area
- If you unexpectedly encounter a hostile demonstration, depart the area as quickly as possible or seek shelter if unable to leave. Never become engaged with the protestors.
- Always follow the guidance of host nation law enforcement and first responders
- As with most demonstrations/protests, one never knows the intentions of all participants. Violent groups are known to attend peaceful protests as we have witnessed here in Germany and in the United States. The attendance of agitators and counter demonstrators are not always known to the event organizers, and, therefore your safety is at risk.
- Carry a fully charged cell phone on your person with all necessary emergency numbers and contacts. (e.g. Polizei: 110, Fire/Medical: 112, Stuttgart Military Police Desk: 07031-15-3102)