By Rhonda. P. Kaalund, MA
USAG Stuttgart Army Substance Abuse Program
Don’t let those winter blues get you down. Laughter Yoga training is offered to the Stuttgart community with Certified Laughter Yoga Leaders who provide training tailored to meet specific needs.
What is Laughter Yoga?
This exercise combines stretching with forced laughter. Stretching relaxes the body, while forced laughter eventually translates into genuine natural laughter, boosting mood.
Here are some facts:
- Laughter Yoga provides the ability to laugh at things which previously would have caused stress or anger, along with a new sense of forgiveness.
- Depressed people seldom laugh, and laughing people are seldom depressed. Laughter Yoga has helped thousands to overcome depression.
- Laughter exercises can increase net supply of oxygen to our body and brain which helps to improve efficiency and performance.
- Scientific research shows that laughter can help to resolve many major workplace issues.
- By introducing Laughter Yoga to staff, companies have reported a happier workplace, increased efficiency, better communication, increase in sales and productivity, increased creativity and better teamwork, decrease in illness and absenteeism, and a reduction in employee turnover.
- Laughter Yoga is a powerful tool that can give you a highly motivated and energetic workforce for maximum productivity and profitability.
- Laughter Yoga is the quickest, most effective, most economical way to help employees reduce stress.
To experience emotion with a chuckle, or explosive vocal sound in your unit or organization, contact ASAP’s Certified Laughter Yoga leaders to schedule a training at DSN: 431-2530.