Sign up for CCVP
The Capital City Visitation Program is a special no-cost tour which provides USAG Stuttgart community members the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of Stuttgart, the host nation political system, and the development of the postwar relationship between the U.S. and Germany.
- Learn how the German political system works during a visit to the State Parliament building with an interactive demonstration
- Discover the importance of the 1946 ‘Speech of Hope’ and how it established Stuttgart as the ‘birthplace of the modern German-American friendship’
- Hear about the city’s postwar rebuilding and the history of U.S. forces in the area
- Visit Stuttgart City Hall to learn about the city and its government
- Enjoy a traditional lunch and walking tour of historic city center landmarks
The entire program is offered at no charge to all ID card holders aged 14 years and older (anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).
Participants will meet at 8:30 a.m. in downtown Stuttgart and should expect to be released by approximately 4 p.m. Specific information about itinerary and logistics will be provided prior to the tour.
Spots are limited and are offered on a first-come, first serve basis.
CCVP tours are considered “host nation engagement for transitional development.” Service members and DoD civilians/local nationals interested in participating should consult with their chain of command to ascertain if the CCVP falls under “duty of administrative leave” in their unit.
The Nov. 7, 2022 tour is currently full, and no further registration is possible. Please stay tuned to the Citizen for future opportunities.