However, it’s important to keep in mind Army in Europe Regulation 600-1, which states private fireworks are not permitted on any Army installation in Europe.
But if you live off post, there are a few safety tips you should follow.
- Light fireworks in a field away from homes or power lines.
- Always have a fire extinguisher nearby, if something goes wrong.
- Never relight a firework that didn’t go off the first time.
- Make sure kids and pets are a safe distance away from the fireworks.
- Always have an adult present when lighting fireworks.
- Pay extra attention to pets that may be present.
Be careful and have a safe start to the New Year!