By Force Protection,
On Saturday, July 4th at 1300hrs, starting at Ludwigsburg, Schorndorf, Wernau, Stuttgart-West to the Cannstatter Wasen Area there will be a rally against riding restrictions for motorcycles. Around 1000 demonstrators are estimated to be in attendance.
Also on Saturday, July 4th from 1300-1500, the State School Parents’ Association is domonstrating the “Corona is not over yet.” The group will walk from Lautenschlager Strasse via Theodor-Heuss-Strasse to the Marktplatz.
On Sunday, July 5th, The AfD Stuttgart will be in the Marktplaz from 1330-1830hrs. Left-wing counterdemonstration might be possible.
Also on Sunday from 1300-1630hrs, the “Pulse of Europe” will be at the Karlsplatz. Several other smaller demonstrations are expected in the area as well.
Guidance during a Demonstrations/Protests
- Practice your Situational Awareness, learn to “read” the crowd by keeping up-to-date on current events and happenings in your area.
- Carry a fully charged cell phone on your person with all necessary emergency numbers and contacts.
- We (USAG-S AT/FP) will inform you of upcoming Demonstrations/Protests by disseminating email advisories, or utilizing the media (Stuttgart Sentinel, AFN Radio, USAG-S Web and Facebook pages).
- DOD members, Family Members, and contractors are strongly advised to avoid the demonstration area(s). As with most demonstrations/protests, one never knows the intentions of all participants. Violent groups are known to attend peaceful protests as we have witnessed here in Germany and in the United States. The attendance of agitators and counter demonstrators are not always known to the event organizers and therefore your safety is at risk.
- If you encounter a demonstration unexpectedly, depart the area as quickly as possible. If it is unsafe to depart the area, seek shelter until it is safe to do so. Remember that some protestors may linger around the area after the protest has ended. Never become engaged with the protestors. Always follow the HN First Responder instructions.