If you’re looking for a Thanksgiving meal but want to avoid the stress of cooking it yourself, here are a few local alternatives.
• The 1st Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne), Dining Facility on Panzer Kaserne will serve a traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings a day early on Nov. 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
As is the tradition, military leadership teams will serve patrons throughout the meal. The facility will be open from 11 a.m. to noon for 1/10th SFG(A) service members and their families, and from noon to 2 p.m. for the U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart community.
The meal will cost $7.60; $6.45 for dependents of E4s and below. The complete menu is here.
The 1/10th SFG(A) DFAC is located in Building 2963.
• The Kelley Club will offer a Thanksgiving dinner buffet Nov. 28 with seating times at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Reservations are strongly recommended.
The buffet includes herb-roasted turkey, roast beef, macaroni and cheese, salad bar and an assortment of pies.
The price is $22.50 for adults, $10 for children from 5-10 years old, while those under 5 are free.
For more information, call 421-4660/civ. 0711-7207-0694 or email Nicky@RB-Kelley-Club.de.
• The United Service Organizations Stuttgart will offer a free casual, family-style Thanksgiving meal Nov. 28 for the community. Feel free to bring a side dish or a dessert. The center, in Building 2915 on Panzer Kaserne, opens at noon, and the meal will be served from 2-4 p.m.
• Popeye’s, in the Panzer eXchange Food Court, offers frozen, but completely cooked Cajun turkeys that only need to be defrosted and put in the oven to be heated up. Reserve yours at the eatery.
• For those who are looking for a quick meal on Nov. 28, Burger King in the Patch Food Court will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.