There have been several incidents reported where bounce houses have blown over or become airborne with children inside them.
When using a bounce house, follow these safety tips:
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Parents or guardians should visually ensure that the bounce house is secured.
- If the bounce house is not properly secured, get with the operator and bring to their attention before allowing your children to enter.
- Alert other parents to ensure their love ones are safe as well.
- Compatible age groups must play on unit at the same time.
- Age groups and different sized children must not be mixed.
- Bouncers should not sit or lay down while others are bouncing around them, as a jumping child could fall down on top of a sitting or lying child causing injury.
- Remove shoes, glasses, jewelry, pocket contents and anything else that may harm the bounce house or other users.
- No flips, somersaults or horseplay.
- Do not run and/or bounce against the walls.
- Do not run or jump through the door of the bounce house.
- Do not climb or hang from the interior or exterior of the Bounce House.
- Keep all pets away from bounce house.
- Do not use the bounce house during rain.
- If during operation the wind becomes excessive (15-20 mph or greater), remove all bouncers and deflate the bounce house.