FAQ – Financial Aid

Financial aid for military personnel and frequently asked question

Stuttgart military community member frequently asked questions about financial aid.

 Q. Where can I check my cost of living allowance?

A. The overseas cost-of-living allowance is an allowance service members serving outside of the continental United States (OCONUS) where the cost of living is higher than CONNUS receive ND Overseas Cost-of-Living Allowance (COLA). For more information, please visit: https://www.travel.dod.mil/Allowances/Overseas-Cost-of-Living-Allowance/

 Q. Where can I find out information about receiving AER support?

A. For assistance about receiving AER support or financial planning please call the Army Community Service main desk at 09641-70-596-3362 or DSN 596-3362.

 Q. Where can I find resources regarding my utility allowance?

A. For questions concerning overseas pay and allowances please visit https://www.militaryonesource.mil/housing-life/living-abroad/oconus-living-on-military-pay/.

Q. Where can I find information on my Overseas Housing Allowance?

A. For questions regarding your Overseas Housing Allowance please visit https://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Benefit-Library/Federal-Benefits/Overseas-Housing-Allowance-(OHA)?serv=121.

 Q. Where can I find more information about my Living Quarter Allowance?

A. For any questions regarding LQA please visit https://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?content_id=160&menu_id=75