Never mix chlorine bleach with any other household or cleaning products. Doing so can result in different types of harmful acids being formed. Poisonous gasses can also be released that will cause very serious breathing problems.
Here are some tips about managing household chemicals:
• Buy only what you need.
• Read the warning labels.
• Wear protective clothing (safety gloves).
• Use only as directed.
• Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated place.
• Keep out of reach of children and pets.
• Do not store products in attics or near a heat source.
• Do not mix, combine or consolidate them.
Read the labels of products in your home, and follow instructions for proper use. Many containers will state the most common dangers from interaction with other products.
For more information, call the Environmental Division at 421-6134 or 0711-722-86134.