An appeal from the Armed Services Blood Program
As summer travel and PCS season picks up, we need your help more than ever to save lives within the military. Our THANKS to everyone who has already signed up to give blood and spread the word! Remember, all the blood donated to the Armed Services Blood Program (ASBP) stays within the military, for U.S and NATO forward-deployed as well as patients at military hospitals throughout the world. Your blood donation is Mission Essential!
RELAXED ELIGIBILITY RULES allow many more Military, Civilians, Retirees, Family Members and Local National staff to give blood for the military.
July 12, Panzer @ Stuttgart High School Gym
July 13, Kelley @ Fitness Center
9 am – 5 pm, both days
Find blood drive details and schedule appointments (REQUIRED): We are a little over 50% full, with plenty of available appointments remaining.
NEWLY RELAXED ELIGIBILITY RULES, please help spread the word that many more people can now give blood. The wait after tattoos and travel have been reduced and there are no longer ANY restrictions for time spent in most European countries:
- 18 or older, weigh at least 116 pounds, free of cold/flu symptoms for three days.
- In the past 14 days, haven’t had COVID-19 symptoms, come into close and extended contact with someone who has.
- In the past 14 days, haven’t traveled somewhere that required you to quarantine.
- In the past 8 weeks, haven’t donated whole blood.
- In the past 3 months, haven’t had a tattoo overseas or in a U.S. state that does not regulate tattoo facilities.
- In the past 3 months, haven’t visited a malaria-risk country for more than 24 hours.
- Didn’t live in the UK 3 months or more 1980-1996.
- Didn’t live 5 years or more in France or Ireland 1980-2001
*NOTE about vaccines: there is no wait time to donate blood after receiving the flu vaccine, or the COVID vaccines by Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Johnson & Johnson. Other COVID vaccines may require a wait time.
Please be prepared to tell blood drive staff which vaccine you received.