Contact your Sponsor to determine if you will need lodging and the housing office to find out if there are housing requirements for a specific community. Single Soldiers may be assigned to a barracks room upon arrival and some garrisons may allow families on a waiting list prior to arrival.

If you will need lodging, request assistance from your Sponsor or contact the garrison lodging reservations desk directly. Army Lodging provides hotel accommodations to service members, families, retirees, and civilians.  Guests include Department of Defense travelers on official business, as well as military members and their families traveling on Permanent Change of Station orders. Retirees and military families can also make reservations when the facilities are not required for official travelers.

Ensure your Sponsor knows your travel itinerary (including leave locations), arrival date, number of travelers and lodging reservations details prior to you out-processing your current unit.

Time in temporary lodging varies greatly across all garrisons and time of year. Contact the housing office for specific requirements in your gaining garrison and to get on a housing waitlist (if possible/necessary). If you are able to (or required to) live off-post, start looking for a suitable place to live as soon as possible. The Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA) is intended for a short time only while you seek and secure permanent housing. Short extensions may be requested through your unit with justification. Contact the garrison finance office and housing office for specific details.

.ap-social-links { list-style: none !important; display: flex; align-items: center; flex-direction: column; gap: 1em; margin: 0 !important; padding: 1em; background: #bd2e2e; color: white; } .ap-social-links a { padding: 1em .5em; color: white; } .ap-social-links a:hover { background: rgba(0,0,0,.15); } @media (min-width: 500px) { .ap-social-links { flex-direction: row; } }