Soldiers and civilian employees can request a CMR mail box within 60 days of reporting to Europe. Request assistance from your unit Sponsor. They will need a copy the incoming personnel’s orders and a memo from the gaining unit. You will be given the box combination during in-processing. If your sponsor cannot assist you, send a copy of your orders to the servicing CMR.

Contact details for your gaining CMR are available on the USAG-Stuttgart website.

If circumstances are such, you can authorize someone else to pick up your mail by completing a DD2258 temporary mail disposition form. This form is used to hold/authorize someone to pick up mail. The form can be found online. The special instructions portion is where the individual states who they are authorizing to pick up mail (i.e. I authorize John Smith to pick up all mail and parcels). Make sure to include both your name, the CMR address, and the name of the individual collecting the mail.

Email the form to:

Keep your receipts if you mail items to yourself prior to PCS just in case you may be able to claim expenses.


.ap-social-links { list-style: none !important; display: flex; align-items: center; flex-direction: column; gap: 1em; margin: 0 !important; padding: 1em; background: #bd2e2e; color: white; } .ap-social-links a { padding: 1em .5em; color: white; } .ap-social-links a:hover { background: rgba(0,0,0,.15); } @media (min-width: 500px) { .ap-social-links { flex-direction: row; } }