Fully vaccinated personnel
Fully vaccinated personnel are defined as individuals who received their second dose of Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine or single dose of Janssen vaccine at least 14 days prior.
Fully vaccinated personnel are no longer required to wear face masks indoors or outdoors on USAG Stuttgart installations, except in the following areas:
- Medical facilities, to include the COVID-19 test area and COVID-19 vaccination sites
- Child and Youth Services facilities
- All DoDEA facilities and activities
- On-post services where providers are subject to German law which requires patrons to wear masks (e.g., barber shops, hair and nail salons, kantines, etc.)
Personnel must continue to adhere to all host nation mask directives off post, and should continue to observe COVID-19 preventive measures such as hand washing and physical distancing in public places.
Those who are NOT fully vaccinated will continue to follow mask guidance as published by the CDC, DoD, and USAG Stuttgart, and wear masks in service facilities and other places as required.
Non-fully vaccinated personnel
Under this guidance, cloth masks are not strictly required in the following circumstances or areas:
- While outdoors, unless it is impossible to socially distance. (Unable to maintain a distance of at least six feet between individuals not of the same household, including unit or individual physical fitness training)
- For brief periods while eating or drinking at USAG Stuttgart service facilities (applicable to food courts and dining rooms once indoor dining has resumed)
- When mission requirements necessitate, for the performance of official duties
- By those individuals with health problems which prevent the wear of face masks
- By children under the age of 5 years old
- When, consistent with Centers For Disease Control (CDC) and Host Nation safety standards, the risk of infection can be mitigated through other means such as, ventilation, physical barriers (e.g. Plexiglas shields), or other technical methods
- In fitness centers when exercising on individual equipment and maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between individuals from different households.
Resources (PDF): COVID-19 Prevention & Use of Face Coverings