Face masks are required on post in all service facilities, as well as areas where 6 feet of physical distance cannot be guaranteed between non-members of the same household. This includes Commissaries, the Main Exchange (PX), and Community Mail Rooms (CMRs).
An exception to policy with reference to the Feb. 4 DoD memorandum on “Use of Masks and Other Public Health Measures” was published on March 3, 2021.
Under this guidance, cloth masks are not strictly required in the following circumstances or areas:
- While outdoors, unless it is impossible to socially distance. (Unable to maintain a distance of at least six feet between individuals not of the same household, including unit or individual physical fitness training)
- For brief periods while eating or drinking at USAG Stuttgart service facilities (applicable to food courts and dining rooms once indoor dining has resumed)
- When mission requirements necessitate, for the performance of official duties
- By those individuals with health problems which prevent the wear of face masks
- By children under the age of 5 years old
- When, consistent with Centers For Disease Control (CDC) and Host Nation safety standards, the risk of infection can be mitigated through other means such as, ventilation, physical barriers (e.g. Plexiglas shields), or other technical methods
- In fitness centers when exercising on individual equipment and maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between individuals from different households.
Resources (PDF): COVID-19 Prevention & Use of Face Coverings