The initial application deadline for the upcoming Department of Veterans Affairs Warrior Training Advancement Course is approaching. Class dates are April 13 – June 25.
To participate in WARTAC, Soldiers must:
– Be on active duty and within 180 days of separation at start of class (ETS no later than Oct. 10).
– Must complete the SFL-TAP 5-day Transition Assistance Program workshop prior to enrollment.
– Anticipate a fully Honorable Conditions Character of Service.
– Attend VA WARTAC Virtual Brief scheduled Feb. 11-14.
– Completed all mandatory SFL-TAP classes by time of application submission.
– Commander’s approval to attend.
– Meet OPM and other VA Hiring requirements for GS-0996-07/10.
– Must be separated from military service or on transition leave and able to begin working at one of the 56 VA Regional Offices no later than Aug. 24.
However, a Memo of Participation must be completed by the Soldier, approved by the command and submitted to Transition Services no later than Feb. 6 to start the process. The memo is available from the garrison Transition Services manager, Bldg. 2915, Rm 416, Panzer Kaserne. Call 596-3673 or 09641-70596-3673