Stuttgart Veterinary Clinic
PCS season is upon us! We would like to remind you of some key points when traveling with your pet back to the States or to another OCONUS location.
1) Start the process early. Some countries have very specific requirements and can take more than six months to prepare. The best resource for current international pet travel requirements is: https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel. The Stuttgart Veterinary Clinic can also assist you with international pet travel requirements.
2) Communicate early and often with your veterinary team if you have any questions or concerns about your pet.
3) Ensure your pet’s vaccinations are current. If this is their first rabies vaccine, he/she must be vaccinated 30 days in advance in order to travel. They also need a 15 digit ISO compliant microchip implanted prior to the rabies vaccine.
4) Your pet will need an EU pet passport.
5) Rotator slots are limited and filled on a first come first served basis. Call immediate to reserve a space for your pet. If you are flying on a commercial airline, check with the airline to see if there are crate or breed restrictions.
6) Schedule a health certificate appointment with the clinic within 10 days of your flight. Your pet will need to be present for this appointment.
The Stuttgart Veterinary Clinic on Panzer Kaserne in Bldg. 2996A is here to help make this process as seamless as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. Call the clinic at 0611-143-593-2681.