How to vote for US local elections overseas

Overseas voters must submit a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) every calendar year.  Submitting an FPCA to their state local election official will register eligible voters to vote, update their mailing address with their state local election office, and request an absentee ballot for all state and federal elections to include primary elections for the calendar year.  The FPCA can be obtained from Unit Voting Assistance Officers and the Installation Voting Assistance Office in Building 2913, Room 114 on Panzer Kaserne, or online at

Download the application here.

If you do not receive your official ballot 4-6 weeks prior to an election, use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB) to cast your vote in the election.  The FPCA and FWAB are available on, or from your Unit Voting Assistance Officer, or at the Installation Voting Assistance Office (Building 2913, Room 114, Panzer Kaserne, at DSN: 431-2865 or email:

Upcoming elections:

  • March 6 – Texas State Primary
  • March 13 – 2018 Pennsylvania CD 18 Special General

Unit Voting Assistance Officers Training:

An FVAP trainer will be conducting training for Unit Voting Assistance Officers on April 10, on Panzer Kaserne.  This training fulfills the mandatory training requirement for Unit Voting Assistance Officers which must be completed every election (or even-numbered) year.  If you are a Unit Voting Assistance Officer, contact the Installation Voting Assistance Office to reserve your seat by March 1.

For more information, contact the U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart Installation Voting Assistance Office, at DSN: 431-2865 or email: